I love this dress from Smart Mum Online. It's very pretty and I got a lot of compliments when I wore this dress. The colors are really bright and sparks a bit of cheery mood.
Yes, I am still alive and kickin' (yeah!). Despite what some might have thought, nothing ill happened to me (thank God!) for the past few months that I haven't been able to post new entries or reply to your comments and emails. Ok, I admit it. I was simply having episodes (several months long) of "K". Katamaran. No, I won't make any excuses but I will say that I had a hard time mustering energy to post new items here. It may be because I was having work burnout or probably just tired after working in the office then tending to G when I get home. Adding to that the stress of hiring, losing/firing nannies and then searching for a new one probably did it. But as I've said, I should have put my foot down and work on my time management. I won't pass the blame or point fingers. It's all on me. But please, don't hate me? :)
So, 2014. A new year. I am not really into making New Year's resolutions because I know myself well enough that I would probably ne enthusiastic about it at first but would probably ditch the idea by the second or third quarter of the year. And I did make a list last year. Let's see how much did I actually accomplish...
1) Minimize shopping. >> Hmmm.. compared to the past years, I'd say I spent a little less (?). But I had definitely exercised a bit more self-control. I've actually turned down opportunities to shop for new things when I know I still have some of the same at home which are rarely used.
2) I will spend more money in... savings. >> I can't actually say that I'd saved a lot. So this is a fail for me.
3) I will try to be more mellow. >> I'd say getting there. G is now a makulit toddler and I can't always have a short fuse when dealing with her.
4) I will take better care of myself. >> I'd say FAIL on this. I did start exercising and was able to shed off 7 pounds. But the holidays came and the short hiatus from diet and exercise became longer and longer til I gained back again the lost weight. Bummer.
5) In relation to #1, I want a simpler beauty regimen. >> Yes on this.
6) Be more diligent in blogging. >> *Ahem*
7) Be more in tune with God. >> I'd say I didn't meet my own expectation.
So, 3 out of 7. Not a miserable fail but still a fail. I think I'd stick with this same list for this year since it is more realistic for me. I just hope that I'd be able to follow it through. So let's check in again midyear to see how we are progressing, ok?
Hi! My name is Grace. Thanks for visiting my blog - an online journal for my thoughts and opinions; musings on friendship, love, lifestyle.. whatever, whenever :D
Read more about the author