I knew I had to cook something else less I want to starve. Plus I had around a kilo of ground beef in the freezer that I wanted to use for Meatballs Stroganoff. I ditched the stroganoff since I was too lazy to go to the supermarket to buy sour cream. So I planned to make spaghetti with meatballs but then MIL (mother-in-law) told Myke that she'll be making spaghetti. Argghh. I conceded and decided to make meatballs in tomato sauce instead. I made this last week.
button mushrooms (quartered), reserve water in can.
salt and pepper to taste
1. Finely chop the bacon. Mix with ground beed and form into 2-inch balls. Deep fry the meatballs. Note: I fried my meatballs till its only about 80% done.
2. Saute garlic and onion in butter. Add the mushrooms.
3. Add the tomato sauce. Season with salt and pepper. If you opt to make the sauce thinner, use the water from the mushrooms.
4. Add some dried basil. Lower the heat to simmer.
5. Add the meatballs, continue simmering with low fire until the meatballs are cooked through. Note: Give your saucepan a stir occassionally to make sure the sauce won't get burned.
Last night, while I was racking my brains on what to cook for dinner. Then I remembered that we still have some meatballs in the fridge. So I opened up a packet of pasta, cooked it al dente. Sautéed some garlic and onions, added the meatballs and poured some spaghetti sauce. After a few minutes of simmering, our dinner is done :) Of course, it won't be complete without a few shavings of cheese. Hi hi hi!